The Paralegal Solution Plus provides paralegal, administrative, and bookkeeping support to licensed attorneys. We are looking to grow our team of legal support professionals by adding a part-time legal administrative assistant. This is a good opportunity for individuals with a positive attitude and strong clerical skills to learn more about the legal field. The attorneys we work with handles cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, nursing home negligence, divorce and custody, construction law, real estate litigation, and business disputes.
Days/Hours: Monday through Thursday, 12:00 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Location: College Blvd. & Switzer Rd., Overland Park, KS
- Clerical support for paralegals on correspondence, pleadings, medical chronologies, etc.
- Mailing and faxing including errands to the post office
- Scanning/organizing mail received, pleadings, document productions, and/or medical records
- Coordinating/managing attorney and/or paralegal travel, meetings, CLE, registrations, etc.
- New client intake and setup
- E-filing and processing notices (eventually)
- Other tasks as needed or assigned
This position has the potential for more responsibility and/or hours down the road.
Soft Skills Needed for Success:
Adaptability, flexibility, critical observation, troubleshooting, willingness to learn, courtesy, patience, dealing well with varied personalities, ability to accept and apply feedback, willingness to give feedback, positive and professional attitude, reliability, task oriented, ability to meet deadlines, functions well under pressure.
- (required) Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- (required) Minimum one year experience providing administrative support in an office environment
- Mac OS experience a plus
- Experience with Clio, Zola Suite, or other cloud-based project management a plus
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including printers and scanners
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- A background check and driving history will be required IF an offer of employment is made. This position may qualify for internship credit with your paralegal program. Please check with your program advisor.
Pay and Benefits:
- $15.00/hour to start
- $16.00/hour after successful completion of a 90-day probationary period
- Paid holidays, PTO (waiting period and guidelines apply)
- Workers compensation insurance
- Employer paid Ethics CLE
Please send resume, cover letter, and two references (hereafter referred to as “Completed Application”) by email.
 One year experience providing administrative support in an office is currently a requirement. However, if you believe you meet all other requirements, we might be convinced to waive the one-year office requirement.